Thursday, August 5, 2010

I'm Legal!

I was waiting for a somewhat significant point in time to begin my blog, and it seems like today turned out to be a perfect starting point.  Why, you ask? Because I picked up my PRC visa today in DC! So now that I'm "legal," all there's left to do is wait. Only 18 days!

For now, I obviously don't have very much to write about since I'm still here at home, but I'll go ahead and post some basic info about my trip- I depart Dulles at 8:55 AM on August 23rd and fly to San Francisco.  From there, I have a three hour layover and then will get on my flight to China at 2:50 PM Pacific time.  After a 12 hour flight, assuming all goes well, I'll land in Beijing on August 24th at 5:55 PM (which is 5:55 AM Eastern time) and will be there for a few days.  On the 29th I'll fly to Shanghai with the group (which I have to arrange once I'm in Beijing) and then start classes on August 31. 

That's all for now, but there will be more to come when the date gets closer, and even more when I actually arrive in China!

再见!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm only a "tiger" in the Clemson sense! I'm a snake according to the Chinese Zodiac... ick.

    This blog will only be kept while I am traveling, because my real life here isn't interesting enough to maintain a blog about! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So how many creepers will be looking at this web page with a title like "I'm Legal"? :)
    Nice Chog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Post please!!! I want to know how things are going!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete